Important note regarding data security!
We strongly recommend that you switch off the automatic update feature
(Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads for Apps/Updates)
on your iPad device for the period from the beginning to the end of the onsite survey including the upload of all your data from the local iPad storage to the cloud solution.
Please also make sure that you have performed all offline backups of your iPad device incl. all apps and their data before activating the automatic update again or updating the capture IT app manually. Otherwise you would run the risk of losing your locally stored project data if something will go wrong during the update process of this offline application.
Please perform the following steps:
- switch off the Automatic Update Feature,
- start onsite data collection,
- make regular backups using iTunes on your laptop computer,
- upload all collected project data to the cloud application,
- make sure the upload was successful,
- make backups of your whole iPad using iTunes again,
- activate the automatic update feature and download among others the newest capture IT for iPad version,
- make sure the app works properly after the update, otherwise remove the app and install it again,
- deactivate the update feature again if you intend to do another data collection using the app onsite.